Fees & Insurance

Therapy can be a big investment which is why I offer all new clients a free 15 minute phone consultation to determine if my counselling style and approach is the right fit. During this consultation, we will discuss cost. Call or email to schedule your free consultation.

Some extended health care plans cover part or all counselling fees. Check with your plan provider to determine if support provided by a Registered Social Worker is covered. At this point, I am unable to direct bill (aside from the exceptions below) so it is the responsibility of the client to pay for counselling fees upfront and submit receipts to the plan provider.
Also, fees paid for therapy with a Registered Social Worker can be claimed on your income tax as a medical expense.

I accept payment by cash, major credit card or interac e-transfer.

Direct Billing:

  • Veterans Affairs Canada – if you are a Veteran needing support, I am an approved VAC provider. Unsure if you qualify for supports? I’d be happy to inquire on your behalf.
  • ICBC – as an ICBC approved vendor, I can direct bill on your behalf if your claim includes counselling benefits.
  • First Nation Health Authority – as an approved Mental Health provider with the FNHA, I am able to direct bill for therapy on your behalf. Supports provided through the FNHA do require a prior approval in advance of your first appointment which I’m happy to support you with.
  • Green Shield – If your extended health care is through Green Shield, I am able to direct bill on your behalf. Email or call for more information.
  • Crime Victim Assistance Program –  if you’ve been physically or emotionally hurt as a result of a violent crime, you may be eligible for counselling support. Contact the CVAP program at 1-866-660-3888 to see if you qualify. As a CVAP provider, I can direct bill on your behalf.
%d bloggers like this: